Tuesday, April 26, 2011

On my way!

My bags are packed.  I'm ready to go.  I'm standing here...
What do you mean there's no jetplane? Well shit.  I guess I'll just hoof it.

I'm hopping on a train tomorrow morning to head down to San Diego where some nice folks - Scout and Frodo (no this is not an unfortunate coupling of people with equally unfortunate names... those are their trail names) are putting me up and driving me to the trail.  Through some organizing emails I already found some fellow hikers who are gonna be on the same train.  Holy shit we're everywhere!  And we're swarming on SoCal.  Then it's off to the ADZPCTKO2011 kickoff party for the weekend before really digging into the first section.  Here are some spots I'll be along the way that you can send mail to if you'd like.  Check out this post for the how-to on sending me stuff.

Idyllwild, CA 92549 ETA: 5/10

Big Bear City, CA 92314 ETA: 5/16

Wrightwood, CA 92397 ETA: 5/21 which is a Saturday and the post office will be closed til monday (ie.  I want your mail but won't want to wait around 2 days for it).  Call me/email before you send a package here to see if my itinerary's changed at all.

Well.  That's all for now.  I'm off to get some adventure, meet some good folks, stretch my legs, and see the sights.  It's a mixture of disbelief, anticipation, sadness, and excitement that'll all come crashing into the first hurrah in these next few days.  Always feel free to email me or leave a voicemail.  I'll check both whenever I can.  Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment