Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Scout and Frodo

Hey folks.  Landed in San Diego and am already surrounded by a crowd of happy hikers.  I met up with a few hikers who happened to be on the same train.  We hit the curb and were swiftly swooped up by the van (where I promptly dropped my cell phone - to be retrieved tomorrow)  taking us to Scout and Frodo's home base - a hiker haven ready to fulfill all of our needs.  We were well fed, given internet access, provided maps and water information... these people are ON IT!  Plenty of conversation and shared excitement have definitely helped me move through some of my jitters.  I'm still antsy as all hell to hit the trail and the caravan of 12 cars to carry the 50 some odd people who are here to the trailhead takes off at 6 tomorrow morning.  HURRAH!  I'm psyched about the first steps and hoping to pound out 20 miles tomorrow for a crash landing at the kickoff party.  I'll try to whip out the camera tomorrow but for now I'm way too overstimulated to stop and think about it.  I haven't been this nervous and excited since my first day at high school.  I'm sure this experience will be WAY more rewarding.  I'll be lucky if I can get myself to sleep tonight but I'm sure as hell tomorrow night will be met with many zzzz's.  Goodnight everyone!   

1 comment: